We have been reading the book The Answer by John Assaraf and Murray Smith. I love this book! It teaches the missing principles of HOW to change our thought patterns. The steps are really quite simple. They key is to do them daily.
One of the daily action steps is to look at a vision board that you create. The vision board has pictures that remind you of what you want. I've heard of doing this forever, but I've never actually made a board. I always rationalized that my whole office is a vision board. If there is something I want I put a picture of it up on the wall. But because it is so big (three of the four walls are covered!) I do not look intensely at everything every day. In fact, I can get rather used to having them there and pay no more attention than if the walls were covered with wallpaper.
Looking at the vision board several times a day is one of a handful of daily action steps. Last night as I looked at my vision board I realized that I had missed about 3 days of taking this step. I had been doing the other steps but not this one. Rats!! The point is to do all of the steps daily for 30 days. Now I will start over. Not that it is all that hard, but I wanted to do it right the first time. I mean, how hard can it be to just look?
Then another thought came to me. Remember in the Old Testament when the people that Moses was leading were bitten by poisonous snakes? Moses was told to put a snake on a pole and have the people look at it. Those that looked were healed. How hard could it be to look? Yet many people thought it was too simple and did not look.
Now, I know that the snake on the pole was to represent the eventual coming of Jesus Christ who would save all people who looked to him. But, could it be that the Lord was trying to tell us that some things can be made better by such a simple act as looking?
This morning I took a picture of my vision board with my cell phone. Now that picture is the wallpaper on my phone and I see it every time I make a call!
My challenge to you is to get a picture or many pictures that represent what you want out of life. Look at those pictures several times a day and feel the joy of already having those circumstances in your life. Just look. How easy is that?
Thursday, February 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment