Monday, September 8, 2008

What is a cleansing lifestyle?

The name of this blog is cleanselifestyle.blogspot.com. So, what is a cleansing lifestyle? I meet a lot of people who are into cleansing bandages, meaning that they want to drop 5 to 10 pounds and then get on with "normal" life.

For me, this is normal life. I cleanse (meaning a 9 day) once every three months. Whether I need it or not. (smile) I'm smiling because we all need it!! We are all bombarded with pollutants in our air, water, fresh veggies and fruits that were not organically grown, meats with hormones, and yes, negative experiences. Every three months I feel a need to start fresh again.

In the mean time I have a shake (or two) every day. I have an ounce (or two) of my daily mineral drink. I take my vitamins and antioxidants and occasionally do one day of cleanse juice. I love the greens in the shake so I do that most days, too.

Most days I have two regular meals that are low in fat and high in vegetables. I eat healthy carbs like brown rice and sweet potatoes and I have good lean protein. And I occasionally indulge in something sweet. Of course, I start the day with a shake. To me, this is normal life.

Because of this cleansing lifestyle both my husband and I have kept our weight off for 5 years and have maintained our other health benefits. I would never want to go back to our former life. This lifestyle suits us just fine!

No comments: