Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Goals

All successful people have a goal. No one can get anywhere unless he knows where he wants to go and what he wants to be or do. - Norman Vincent Peale

I love Norman Vincent Peale. What a great man he was. I love his books, his magazine (Guideposts), and his biography. He is a very quotable man.

It's a new year. There's something fresh about putting away Christmas decorations and sweeping clean all the mess that goes with the season. It's sad to let all that go, but at the same time it feels right. It feels like a new start. This is a perfect time to make new goals.

This year I wrote my goals in my planner. The idea was that I would look at them every day. Well, we are only a couple of weeks into this new year and already I have missed days. Such is life. But I will check them often and that will have to do.

I gave each goal it's own page and under the goal I wrote Accountability. The idea here is that every time I do what I have said I want to do, I will make note of it. I can feel how this is different from other years.

I'm posting this system here in hopes that maybe some of you will adopt it, but also as another way of keeping myself accountable. I'll let you know how it turns out. If you have a great experience with setting and reaching goals this year, let us know!

No comments: