Saturday, May 10, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

It's fitting that Mother's Day is in the spring. It is a time of newness of life. If our mothers did nothing else for us (and of course most mothers did far more than this!) they gave us life.

Aren't you grateful for life? I love to hear the birds sing and see the beautiful sky. I love to breathe deeply of fresh clean air after rain. I love to hold a new baby and feel their tiny little fingers curl around my big finger.

One way we can show our gratitude to our mothers for the gift of life is to take care of the body that our mothers sacrificed to make. It is not easy to carry a new baby for 9 months. It is not easy to get that baby into the world. A mother's health is often sacrificed to produce the new life inside of her.

Let's show our gratitude by being the best we can be!

No comments: