Monday, May 12, 2008

Hayfever!!

Well here it is. The time of the year I used to dread the most, BNC, before nutritional cleansing.

In our area of the world we have a weed called foxtails. At first they look so pretty and green. Almost like grass. Then they grow this little foxtail that is soft and waves in the wind.

By the middle of May they are starting to dry out. They get stuck in your socks. They look like a range fire just waiting to happen. And they cause a lot of people to sneeze and have a runny nose and generally just be miserable.

In the days before nutritional cleansing I used to be so careful to get any and all foxtails pulled while they were still green from the alley behind our house and also between our property and the sidewalk. After they were dry there was no way I could be the weed puller. I'd get so stuffy if I tried.

Then the minute school was out I would try to get out of town for a week or two until the foxtail pollen subsided. Any bare spot in town seems to fill in with foxtails in the spring and some people are not so diligent at removing them.

Can you guess how much money I have saved on allergy medicines!! Just another wonderful side benefit to nutritional cleansing!

1 comment:

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Interesting. I don't know if we have foxtails here, but my allergies used to be really bad and aren't bad anymore. I don't know if it's because of a location change, cleansing, or both! Matt, on the other hand, has horrible allergies here when he never has before. Maybe I can convince him of a cleanse...