Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Fail your way to success

Tonight was supposed to be a Taster's Party at my house. No one came. Am I depressed? NO! My goodness, this Party has given me the chance to talk to a lot of people. This "failure" has opened some pretty big doors. There were just conflict of interests tonight. Besides, it was a good excuse to get my floors vacuumed and furniture dusted!

Do you know that in order to make it big in networking you MUST fail a certain percentage of the time? What if every appointment you set came through. What if every person you talked with joined you. What if every person who joined stayed forever. What if every person who joined you became a 6 figure income earner. Sounds pretty good, right?

But, what would your story be? How could you empathize with those who did not have a perfect record (which would be everyone else.) Honestly, how could you be of any help at all?

Everyone who has gone before you who has made it big has had literally hundreds of times when someone told them "no, I don't want to even look," or "no, I just don't think it is for me," or "all right, already, I have given it a fair try and I never want to do it again," or "I have had it with rejection, I'm not going to try to build a business any more."

In other words, you can never succeed unless you are willing to fail. The beauty of networking is it only takes a few who stay around. It only takes a few who are willing to use your product. It only takes a few who are willing to go talk to other people. It only takes a few who are willing to go through the numbers in order to find their few who are willing to go through the numbers in order to find their few. In the end it is all very worth the times of failure to get to the successes.

Are you one who is willing to face failure in order to find success?

No comments: