Here we are, June, half way through 2007.
I just reviewed my New Year's resolutions. On some of them I'm doing great. On others...........well, I guess I just forgot. The one I'm doing the worst on is talking to one or more new people a day. If I count leads, I do that most days. But even though I didn't say it, I think I meant one or more local people. Maybe that is not realistic. But it sounds like it should be.
So I am re-resolving to take massive and immediate action. It's time to make more calls and invite more people to our weekly tasting parties.
Dani Johnson recently did an informal study. As she does network marketing generic trainings she asks how many people have made a list of 200 names with phone numbers. Then she asks how many of them have called all 200. I hope I remember these numbers correctly, but you'll get the drift.
Out of those who had contacted all 200 on their list 100% of them were making some money in their network marketing business. Around 45% were 6 figure income earners and around 3% were 7 figure income earners. (That's a million dollars or more.)
I don't believe this includes leads. Rather, these are people that you know. These are people who already know, like, and trust you. You think you don't know 200 people? You don't necessarily have to know their name. Maybe it's "the lady who runs the dry cleaners."
The most important thing is that you are talking to people every day. Listen to what they say. Don't talk other than to ask them about themselves. Within 5 minutes everyone will tell you something to give you the opportunity to bring up either the products or the money making opportunity. Tell them you have something that MAY or MAY NOT be of interest to them. Then ask them to listen to a CD, go to your website, listen to a toll free call, read an article in our magazine, or whatever you like to do to introduce people to your business.
Here's my next neglected New Year's resolution. Follow up with one person or more every day.
After you expose them to your business set a time to get back with them. Then ask them what they liked best about what they just read or listened to. "Sounds like this is a fit for you. Would you like to have chocolate or vanilla?"
It's hard to believe that just one more approach is what your business needs. But often it is the power of asking just one more time that turns everything around. Let's go out and change the world, one person at a time!
Sunday, June 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment