At convention I went to a breakout session where we were asked this question. Would you enroll with YOU? What are your personal strengths? We were asked to make a list of 10 of our best qualities. I invite you to do the same.
Now, if you are like most people, you would have an easier time making a list of your 10 worst weaknesses. Do we all have weaknesses? Yes, of course. Do we tend to dwell more on our weaknesses than our strengths? Yep.
One way to overcome this is to enroll people who have strengths where you have weaknesses. I am not that great with technical things. Therefore, I am looking for a close partner who has a strength of technical know-how. Some people do not like to talk in front of a group. Therefore they look for people to enroll who have no fear of public speaking. That is managing your weaknesses.
Now turn your attention to your strengths. What have you got going for you? Have you been through some hard times that taught you lessons about life? That's a strength. Have you overcome obstacles? That's a strength.
Are you friendly? Are you persistent? Put them on your list. Keep making a list until you have at least 10 strengths and then look at them every day. Remember that you are are great person to have as a business partner.
Now start attracting people to you that will compliment your weaknesses. It works.
Friday, August 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment