Saturday, October 20, 2007

The Power of the Pause

We all have a 30 second story. But sometimes it is hard to deliver it without looking like you are trying to solicit business. Next time you are in a situation where someone asks how you lost weight or what you did to feel so good try this.

Them: "You look great!"

You: "Thanks, I've lost 20 pounds." PAUSE

Them: "Really, how did you do that."

You: "I found a nutritional cleansing program." PAUSE

Them: "What's it called?"

You: "(Name of our company, which I try to avoid using on this blog.)"PAUSE

Them: "Where can I get it?"

You: "I can show you how to order over the Internet. Do you have a card or could you give me your phone number and I'll get back to you with that website."

Of course the conversation may not go exactly that way, but you get the idea. Give them a little info and then be quiet. They will want to fill the void if for no other reason than to make conversation.

We all tend to give way more information that anyone really wants to hear. By giving small bits of info and pausing we get to the same end (introducing people to this incredible product line) but without being pushy or obnoxious.

This is fun! Give it a try.

No comments: