Last Wednesday and Thursday I was privileged to get to attend the Mastering the Stage event. Wow. It was very ....... I can't quite find the right word. Inspiring? Yes. Revealing? Yes. Depressing? Well, yes. Why you might ask? Well, for the first time I really got it. You have to BE before you can HAVE.
You know how you can know something on one level and then finally get it on a deeper level. That's what happened to me. Like a light bulb went on. I got to be closely associated with a lot of great people and what I really got was how deeply they think and how much they have read and how often they have listened to tapes and CDs. These people have really taken self improvement to heart.
So here's my new resolution. I am going to read at least one page a day from the gazillion self improvements books I have. My guess is that I will get into it and read more than one page. But for the time being I will set one page as my goal.
My best loved books are listed in my profile but I also have tons more than that. If you don't have any of those books then I hope you have a Bible. Read Proverbs and Psalms and Matthew 5. That's a good start.
So, the next time you talk to me check up on me. Just ask, "how's the page a day going?"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
How's the page a day going?
Ah, I asked for that didn't I? Well, until yesterday it was going fine. As predicted I read more like a chapter a day instead of a page. But I let life get in the way yesterday and I'm sorry to report not a page did I read. So, today I'll read two! (maybe even two chapters.)
And I have to tell you that life is better with the reading.
Post a Comment