Tomorrow is Thanksgiving. That's the day we traditionally count our blessings. Hopefully we give thanks to our creator for our blessed lives.
Here's something that makes me very grateful. We are part of a company that teaches us over and over and over again about the importance of having an attitude of gratitude. I heard our corporate trainer on a conference call this morning saying "don't just say thank you, mean it from the bottom of your heart."
Today as my husband has done little things for me I have said an automatic thank you. Then I stop and smile and say, "I mean thank you from the bottom of my heart!" Guess what. I feel it more when I say that.
Remember at the end of How the Grinch Stole Christmas when he was converted to the wonders of the season and his heart "grew three sizes that day?" That's how I'm starting to feel. Like my heart is growing three sizes.
The first thing in the morning and the last thing at night I am saying "thank you, thank you, thank you." The specifics then fill in. I don't need to have any one blessing in mind at first. Just say thank you to your creator and then you will think of why are your grateful.
From a strictly business viewpoint, why should corporate care if we feel gratitude or not? Here's why. When you are in a state of gratitude you attract other people. You cannot help others if they don't want to be around you! You cannot lift another up if you are not on higher ground. Gratitude puts you on higher ground.
So enjoy the holiday tomorrow. Count your blessings. But don't stop there. Make every day a day for giving thanks!
Wednesday, November 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment