Saturday, November 10, 2007

What's your story?

What's your story? I don't mean your 30 second story, although that is very important. I mean an equally important story. The story you are telling yourself.

Sorry to have missed a week on this blog. My story is that we were gone for a week helping our daughter with a new baby. Then as soon as we got back I went to a weekend company training and THEN I have spent a full week helping our partner who also went to the training. She is sponsoring people right and left with my help.

That's a true story, but I really should have taken a few minutes and written a quick blog last week at my daughter's house, or spent a late night at the computer after I was home from the training. Although the story is really true, it is more like an excuse than anything.

So what story are you telling yourself that is so good that you believe it? Did you have a disadvantaged childhood? Was your self esteem knocked down over and over? Are you working 80 hour weeks and just don't have the time to build a business?

It can work both ways. You can tell yourself the story that you are on your way to the top and any challenge is just a little bump in the road to success. Everyone has bumps in the road. Winners figure out a way over the bumps.

So make up a great story. Give it a happy ending. Get out of any negative stories that you have snuggled into in the past and go out and help a lot of people! That's what network marketing is all about.

No comments: