Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Ways to approach new people

First of all, the most important thing to realize is that it is not WHAT you say but how you feel about it. You can say all the right things in a hesitant way and you will not attract people. The one thing that always stands out in my mind every time I hear Don Nooner talk is his conviction. He just KNOWS that this business is good and the products are good. If you believe him, fine, and if you don't, fine. Nothing will sway him.

When approaching a new person remember that you are about to do them the biggest favor of their life. Remember when I introduced Don on our Mastermind call and I got choked up thinking about what my life would be like today if he and Jim hadn't taken the time to drive all the way to Snowflake? That's how others will feel about YOU someday. It helps to remember that.

So with that in mind here are a couple of things you can say, depending on how well you know the person.

Have you ever heard of Isagenix? I have just had a life-changing experience with their products. (Be quiet and let them ask you about it......or not. If they don't then don't worry about them now.)

Charlie, I have just found something so good that if I don't tell you about it you will be mad later. Do you have a 3 minutes that I can 3-way you onto a call that explains it? (800-473-0747)

How are you feeling? (let them tell you) I feel terrific! Can I take 3 minutes and tell you why?

I have been challenged to tell 30 people my 30 second Isagenix story in the next 30 minutes. May I tell it to you? ( I have someone who recently enrolled because I called her from Isa University with that challenge. I simply knew her phone number and never even followed up. She came to me about a month later and asked if I was ever going to tell her the rest of the story!)

Hi how are you? (fine, how are you?) I feel terrific since I dropped 15 pounds recently. (be quiet. If they want to they will ask you how.)

(If they are businesses minded you can say) Do you ever look at ways to make additional income?

These are just a few of many, many ways to approach people. I am a big fan of a direct approach with people you know well. Something like, "you won't believe what has happened to me!"

A few more thoughts: You can say all the right things to the wrong people and they won't join you. And you can say all the wrong things to the right people and they'll join you in a heartbeat. The most important thing is to be saying something.

We to remember that just between the US and Canada there are 330 million people to approach. You don't NEED any one person. Often the person that you think will just jump in there and be a big business builder doesn't get the picture. It's OK. You can come back to them. Move on and enroll someone else.

Let me know other ways that you approach people. There are so many!

No comments: