While I don't claim to be an authority on the Bible, I do love to read it. Four times in the 18 verses of Joshua 1 we read where the Lord tells Joshua to "Be strong and of a good courage." Four times! He was about to lead the children of Israel into the land of Canaan to take over this spot of earth that had been promised to them. The inhabitants of the land had completely fallen into gross evil, but that's another story.
What I think interesting is the charge to be strong. Later in 1 Kings 2:2 we read about King David turning over his vast kingdom to his son Solomon and he says something similar. He says "Be thou strong, and shew thyself a man." (Well, we'll overlook any possible gender discrimination there and look for the intent. :} )
What is it about being strong? Do we just need to be strong when going into battle or taking over a vast kingdom?
The other day I talked to a very discouraged distributor. Notice the word discouraged. It sounds like the opposite of courage, doesn't it. When you are discouraged it seems like being strong is just too hard.
Look, let's be honest. While it seems like what we do as network marketers should be easy, sometimes it is just down right hard!
This lady had passed out fliers for 4 hours for an event. She had personally talked to many people and invited them. When the night of the event arrived, not one person that she invited showed up. Discouraging? You bet. Normal? You bet. Can you be strong and of good courage a little longer? I don't know. Why are you doing this in the first place? Is that why important to you? Important enough to handle some no shows?
You see, it is so common there is a term for it in our industry. No shows.
I cannot answer for her or for you. YOU are the only one who knows if you have a big enough reason to keep on. But I can promise you that if you do continue you will only get better. Your odds will get better. But the best of the best have no shows sometimes. It's part of the business.
I have heard it said that network marketing is a self improvement course with a compensation plan attached. Think about it. Where else do you get paid as you learn to get better, even if it takes you years to become a top producer.
So take a deep breath. Be strong and of good courage. If you decide it is worth keeping on you will become the leader you were meant to be. I promise.
Sunday, September 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment