A hundred years ago when my husband and I first ventured into network marketing, I heard someone say that you must become a good promoter to be a big business builder. (OK, it wasn't quite a hundred years ago, but it was 20 years ago.)
I shrank inside at the thought of having to be a good promoter. To me it smacked of convincing someone against their will. That just didn't fit my image of myself. I felt if I informed someone of something then they could use their good judgment and decide if they wanted to learn more about whatever it was and then move forward or not.
In reality, that still fits my personality. You won't find me promoting every new tool or event. But I do feel that there are times when something is very important and it deserves more than just a casual mentioning.
For instance--
"Hey, Bill, I'm just calling to see if you noticed on the events calendar that there is a regional event almost in your back yard next month." That's informing.
OR
"Hey, Bill. Have you seen the Events Calendar in your back office? I was checking it this morning and I saw that several of the top acheivers in our company will be there. Did you know that Jimmy has made more money this year in this company than anyone else? Did you know that Ron has the fastest growing group? They are both presenting. I've heard that most people who go to their trainings have groups that simply explode. May I make a suggestion? I think it would be the best thing that could happen to your business if you could free up that Friday and Saturday to attend. Do you think that might be possible?"
You don't have to be high pressured to ask for a commitment. You do have to be totally convinced in your heart that it is in this person's best interest to attend, buy, or promote whatever. If you are convinced, then promote with all your heart and soul.
Monday, September 3, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment